Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Remember, remember the 5th of November...



Wow, I can't believe it is November already. I don't know where 2006 has gone.
I was explaining to a colleague at work today how this was my favourite time of year when I was a kid.
Slap-bang inbetween the end of the Summer break and Christmas holidays, this week traditionally meant you had just started half-term or were just back at school. And what an exciting week - Halloween and Bonfire Night within five days of eachother. Such a treat.

Bonfire Night is not celebrated in Australia (though NZ has claimed it, curiously enough...) and infact you can only buy fireworks from the ACT unless you have a licence. Bizarre. Man, I could do with some Bonfire tofee...

I had my book launch last night.... and man, was it dull. The usual rah rah from the publishing house, a couple of excerpts read outload, free bar for the first 90mins and plates of warm Bavarian smoked cheese and cabanossi. Yummo - NOT.

I've also been back at work a month and had a three-hour discussion with my boss this afternoon. I say discusssion - I was certainly driving the conversation, letting him know how thoroughly miserable I am in my job. The upshot is that I'm no longer on permanent nightshift - rather, I'm doing two weeks out of every six. Hurrah - time to reclaim my life :-)

Am missing my little niece like mad, as the photo of me mooning at my computer monitor shows. She's sooooooooooooooo cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home