Friday, October 13, 2006

Here comes summer...



Sydney is experienceing a mini-heatwave at the moment, with temperatures hitting 37 degrees at lunchtime today.
Subsequently, I've been to the beach twice in 24 hours.
I've not been to a beach in Sydney for almost 18 months - a combination of figure envy and work fatigue - but David introduced me to Maroubra beach in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, and I am hooked.
Don't get me wrong, Bondi, Coogee and Manly are great, but are over-run with Poms (!) and lager-louts. Race-riots aside, Maroubra seems 20 years behind the bigger Sydney beaches in terms of development, and I'm now re-focusing my property search in that area.
A Pom by birth, it seems almost criminal to live in Australia and not be by the sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home