Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Arise, Lady McLaughlin...

Fantastic news to kick off the new year - my Mum and Dad's oldest, (as in longest-serving, Mary is always keen to point out she's the youngest of the gang)dearest friend Mary McLaughlin has been awarded a CBE in the Queen's New Years Honours.

She's headmistress of a prominent girls-only Catholic school in Glasgow and has been awarded for her contribution to education.
Mary, her husband Billy and my parents were all at secondary school together. A greater couple you couldn't hope to meet.
Mary knows all the words to La Bamba, worships at the altar of the Marks and Spencer food hall, and has know my brother (she's his Godmum) sister and I since the day we were born.

I couldn't be more thrilled.

Congratulations Mary xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home