Monday, December 18, 2006

New kid on the block...

It's been a fairly hectic few days.
As you know from my last post (below, I finished up at the Daily Telegraph on Thursday.
On Friday I left for a couple of days at Callala By with David, Richard and Sonia. I've been so stumped with gift ideas for this Christmas, so I hired a 4WD and took us all to our regular South Coast cottage for a couple of days. Sadly, the weather wasn't what you would expect from Australia the week before Christmas - at one point I was driving at 20kms an hour with fog as thick as any I'd seen in the UK. Add to that the fact I was driving the very lovely but very tank-esque Ford Territory, and I think you get the idea.

So, instead of the planned beach weekend, we ended up visiting the local town of Berry, as well as the Silos Estate winery (remarkably good) and managed a couple of brisk walks on the beach to keep Elvis happy - he's still asleep!

An incredibly relaxing weekend, the peace was shattered when I heard my Dad had broken his leg while out with his dogs. He's in plaster for eight weeks and totally wheelchair-bound. Jen and Charlotte made a mercy dash to Spain on Friday afternoon, with Ruick joining then on Christmas Eve. They're planning to stay until he's out of plaster. I really wish I was closer.

And finally, I started my new job today at ninemsn. I think it's far too early to be enthusing about my role, etc, but the company does seem to be very employee-focused and I think it could be a good move. That said, I am like a fish out of water at the moment - no more breaking news for me - and I hate when I don't know what I'm doing.

I guess only time will tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home