Sunday, October 14, 2007

I've never met a cake I didn't like...


Yesterday I was treated to a belated (at my request) birthday extravaganza by Sammy and Leni.
The girls took me to a very swanky afternoon tea at the Sofitel Wentworth Sydney hotel.
With Jasper Conran tea settings, impecable waiter service and stunning cakes and cucumber sarnies, it was a thoroughly decadent affair - especially since the first half of the day was spent working my arse off as the Aussie PM called Federal Election yesterday for six weeks time.
Anywhooooo...

Back to the swanky tea. I felt like I was in the Waldorf Hotel on The Strand in London. I had my first (and only until yesterday) afternoon tea there when I was 10. I loved it then and I'm a total convert now.
Here's what we had...


My only complaint is that I had so much sugar cursing through me that I didn't get a wink of sleep last night.
But it was totally worth it :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home