Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Another kind of house arrest...

So the great moving saga continues. Despite having purchased and paid a deposit on a house in APRIL this year, I am still in rental accommodation.
True, I am surrounded by packing boxes, chock-full of my stuff, but I am still in the wrong house.

Buying a property - well the process of it - has been a real eye-opener to me. So may i's need to be dotted and t's crossed and I am stunned at how much solicitors charge you to post things you've really no use for but they'd like you to have.
Perhaps I'm just bitter because the big move was booked for today and then cancelled by the vendor's solicitor late Friday.

Still, the fab news is that the move has been rescheduled for Septmeber 12th. So I will finally have my stuff in the new place... and pray that I still like it.
I did pop over on the weekend and loiter on the front porch (the previous owners are in South Africa so I didn't feel like I was imposing) and I still love it to bits.

All things crossed for the 12th please...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home