Sunday, June 04, 2006

Something for the weekend...

Despite the drudgery of work my life has become in recent weeks, I had a pretty good weekend.
Although I live and work just six minutes from Sydey city centre, I rarely venture passed Central Station. But I dragged myself into the city yesterday for a very sedate spot of retail therapy - long overdue.


Today my legs feel like lead and my purse is floaty-light but with all the stock-take and end-of-financial-year sales, I managed to pick up a few Billabong bargains, as well as much coveted pair of Converse All-Stars for my overseas trip. Woohoo!


I actually had the evening off work last night, but popped to a friends' place to watch them unpack after moving house, and I was out for the count at 9.30pm. Rock and roll, eh?


Today I dragged myself out of bed (which was tough as I am officially knackered as I approach 35) and went a to a preview screening of the new Dreamworks movie Over the Hedge. What a great movie. A dmittedly it is for kids, but it was so smart, and Ben Folds did the soundtrack, which was fab. I loved it. Thanks Sonia (AMD are partners with Dreamworks).


Leisurely Wagamamas lunch at Darling Harbour, and although I am now working again, I really feel like I had a proper weekend. And I didn't go NEAR Coles :-)


Finally, my cousin Emily is marrying her partner Chris in Seattle today. I had planned to be there, before Jen announced her pregnancy, so instead I've sent a coffee grinder and am thinking about them instead. And the fact that as 6/6/06 looms, Jen had better keep her legs crossed.
NOT LONG NOW....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home