Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm in hardback...


Its been almost four years in the making, but I'm about to be a published author... well in a manner of speaking.


On a sunny weekend in Brisvegas in Nov 2002 I met a uni lecturer/popular culture theorist from the University of Queensland. I was searching for a new pair of trainers at that time, we got chatting, and the next thing I knew, I was being asked to submit a 2000 word chapter about a beautiful object.
18 months later, the 2000 words had swelled to 5000 and my beautiful object - the Nike Air Max Classix TW - had been committed to paper forever.


I've just heard that there will be an Australian book launch in October (we're published by Blackwells) and I'm already on Amazon! Woohoo...

2 Comments:

At 10:07 am , Blogger Trump said...

Congrats Cakey bees! Pity those trainers aren't as fab as mine.
;-)

 
At 6:46 pm , Blogger LJC said...

I like your 'Babywatch' countdown timer :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home