Thursday, April 12, 2007

A sorta fairytale...

Tori Amos is one of my favourite artists, but I've not really seen that many of her videos.
Live, she's awesome, but it seems that through video she is even better able to convey her kookiness.

A Sorta Fairytale is probaby my favourite song of hers - I first heard it the week I moved to Australia almost five years ago.
It's haunting, clever, beautiful... and has this totally bizarre video with it.
While I don't subscribe to the Jerry McGuire/Dr Evil notion of one person completing another, I do like this clip.

3 Comments:

At 1:11 pm , Blogger Trump said...

Sniff introduced me to this song last year. It's brilliant and I love it. I hope she plays it in July!

 
At 12:46 pm , Blogger Sniffy said...

It came on my MP3 player on my way home from work this afternoon; it's one of my all time favourites.

She won't play it in July, she's a bastard like that.

Do you think we've rubbed it in enough now? Fifth of July is it?

 
At 2:27 am , Blogger claire said...

LOL... you buggers.
Fifth of July I will be back in wintery Sydney - boohoo.
I've sen Tori twice live.
Her 'Under the Pink' tour in 1994, which was just her and a piano (as opposed to me and a gun) and pretty dull (sacre bleu!).
Her 'Songs from the Choirgirl Hotel' tour in 1998 was breathtakingly awesome... gotta love the Sheffield City Hall!
At one point she straddled two piano stools, playing two piano stools simultaniously.
I heart Tori, though I don't think she has any plans to tour down under.
Enjoy, you lucky buggers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home