Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dad down under: The Great Barrier Reef



My sister and I decided to treat Dad to a trip to the Great Barrier Reef to celebrate his 60th birthday.
We based ourselves in Cairns and spent our first full day on a day-cruise/snorkel trip to Michaelmas Cay with Ocean Spirit.
Dad and I had a great time on the boat, and of course trying our hand at snorkeling on the reef.
The boat was awesome, the weather amazing and we had a real day to remember.
While up in Cairns I had organised a helicopter ride over the reef for Dad and I, to get another perspective of this remarkable area.
It was an amazing experience. I let Dad take the front seat with the pilot, but we got some amazing views of Green Island, Arlington Reef and Ribbon Reef.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home